KISS Linux

Begonnen von gosia, 04. März 2022, 22:10:04

« vorheriges - nächstes »

gosia

"Kiss Linux™ is a meta-distribution for the x86_64 architecture with a focus on simplicity, sustainability and user freedom. The project was created by Dylan Araps who also acts as its sole developer and BDFL
The distribution is designed to be maintainable by a single person and to this end has no infrastructure, backend or monetary running costs. Further, all installations of KISS contain everything needed to continue its development.
The user is provided with three things.

1. The Official Repositories - An extensible base including a fully X11-less Wayland environment, modern web browser, media player and everything needed for this system to rebuild (and update) itself (in under 120 packages).

2. The Package Management System - A pleasant to work with and concise package format powered by a small, portable and self-contained package manager (written in POSIX shell).

3. The Freedom To Go It Alone - Users can choose to maintain their system themselves thus freeing them from all external influence. The system then belongs to the user and they become totally self-reliant."
https://kisslinux.org/

Klingt sehr interessant. Wenn ich es richtig verstanden habe, wird als init-System runit benutzt und das ganze ist ein rolling-release Distro. Hat es schon mal jemand ausprobiert?

viele Grüsse gosia

Daemon

Sieht interessant aus, ja. Als Spielwiese sicherlich interessant.
Habe mir mal die Webseite angeschaut, und bei der Installationsanleitung bin ich raus. Mir ist das zu viel. Keine Ahnung an was es liegt, evtl. ist mir der Spieltrieb abhanden gekommen, aber ich arbeite lieber mit dem System anstatt mich mit der Installation zu beschäftigen. Bei der Stelle mit "Kernel kompilieren" war's dann endgültig vorbei. Da nehme ich lieber Gentoo, das kann man wenigstens erstmal "normal" installieren und dann den restlichen Kram (neuen Kernel bauen lassen) nebenbei laufen lassen.
I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed